Track List & Sound Clips:
01. Diamond Jubilee (Calvin Vollrath)
02. The Shelburne Reel (King Ganam)
03. Scott Skinner's Welcome (J.Scott Skinner)
04. The Water Boiling Machine (Andrea Beaton)
05. The Colours of Cape Breton (Phil Cunningham)
06. Gordon's Hornpipes (Gordon MacQuarrie)
07. Pam Campbell's (John Campbell)
08. A.J & Jeanette's (Donald Angus Beaton)
09. Cynically Stealthy (Troy MacGillivray)
10. For Catherine MacKenzie (Wilfred Gillis)
11. Marble Hill (Dan R MacDonald)
12. Stan Chapman's (Natalie MacMaster)
Troy MacGillivray's 6th album, Tune Poets, weaves some of Troy's own compositions alongside fantastic and unique arrangements of great composers from the traditional fiddle world to present a wide and varied mix of music that will captivate fans old and new alike. Tune Poets is an instrumental recording that highlights the great composers Calvin Vollrath, King Ganam, Scott Skinner, Andrea Beaton, Phil Cunningham, Gordon MacQuarrie, John Campbell, Donald Angus Beaton, Wilfred Gillis, Dougie MacDonald and Natalie MacMaster.
Tune Poets originated as the name of a tour that Troy did in the fall of 2012 through New England with fellow Antigonish musician Allan Dewar. "It really resonated with the audiences and we received great feedback, especially that they enjoyed learning about the composers of the tunes. All the positive comments and encouragement from that tour prompted the making of this recording", says MacGillivray.
The CD was officially released on Friday, November 8th at the Celtic Music Interpretive Centre in Judique, NS.
MacGillivray, Troy: Tune Poets
- Product Type: CD
- Availability: In Stock