Monday-Friday: June 11-August 24, 2018
Join us for a unique guided-walk along the beautiful Celtic Shores Coastal Trail, right behind the Celtic Music Interpretive Centre.
Did you ever wonder...
- What makes Cape Breton's Celtic music different from Irish or Scottish?
- What the word "Ceilidh" means and how it's pronounced?
- How to speak some basic Scots Gaelic words?
- How to tell the difference between a Jig, a Reel and other tune types?
- What some of the common local lingo is?
- What and where the local wildlife is?
Musical Walking Tour Includes:
- Get piped down to the trail by our highland bagpiper (when available)
- Guided walk along the Celtic Shores Coastal Trail with one of our musician guides
- View beautiful coastal scenery
- Stop at the historical pioneer cemetery
- Learn about the first Gaelic settlers that arrived by boat at this location
- Private Ceilidh and Q&A with our fiddler while you enjoy a snack and beverage by the ocean
- Learn a local dance step if you're up for it & more!
The Musical Walking tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours, including approximately 20-30 minutes sitting during snack & Ceilidh.
Suitable for all ages. All flat terrain. Trail is well maintained with no hills or hikes.
2018 Rate & Schedule:
$25 per adult // $15 youth 5-17 years // Free children under 5 years
Mon-Fri: June 11-August 24, 2018
Time: 9:30am (weather permitting)
If you prefer to sign up by phone, give us a call at: 902-787-2708 or drop in and Register at the Front Desk anytime.
Good to know:
The trail is flat and generally in good condition but good walking shoes are recommended as well as a
jacket or sweater on cooler days. Don't forget your camera/phone to catch some great shots along the trail!
** Your chosen date & time may be changed with 1 day advance notice.
No refunds can be issued unless cancelled due to weather. **
Celtic Shores Musical Walking Tour (Jun 11-Aug 24)
- Brand: CMIC
- Product Type: Event
- Availability: In Stock